The Old Sunday School Room next to the River Hydfer is a lovely cottage in the centre of the tiny hamlet of Traianglas, just over 2 miles from the village of Trecastle. It is perfect for couples or families who enjoy staying in a traditional Victorian building that has been renovated sympathetically to include all mod cons. The upstairs is where the living accommodation is, making the most of the light and views across fields and hills. The bedrooms downstairs have replaced what was originally a stable where visiting clergy would tie their horses up.
Trecastle has 2 pubs. The Three Horse Shoes is a family friendly pub perfect for a well earned pint after a hearty walk. Or enjoy a bar meal at the Castle Coaching Inn just across the road.
While in Trecastle it is worth having a look at the 2 antiques centres, Trecastle Antiques and Vicarage Row Antiques.
The cottage is an ideal base for a number of activities. The Usk Reservoir, a short drive away, is an excellent fishing centre. There are numerous walking and cycling routes on the doorstep too. The market town of Brecon, famous for its Summer Jazz Festival is only 12 miles away in one direction. 11 miles in the other is Llandovery, famous for its history of droving.
Down a short flight of stairs is the new light and airy partially glazed extension with a fully fitted kitchen including a fridge freezer, dishwasher, touchscreen hob, oven and microwave. There is a spacious dining area looking out onto the surrounding countryside.
The Old Sunday School Room has a very comfortable lounge with a log burning stove for those cosy evenings by the fire. It is equipped with a flat screened TV with Freesat, a DVD player and shelves filled with local interest books, guides and boardgames. Free WiFi is available.
The washing machine and drying space is in the cloakroom on the first floor where there is also a wash basin, toilet and electric enclosed shower.
A large bedroom with a double bed, a sofa bed and space for a cot, making it an ideal family room. It also has Freesat with a DVDplayer built into the TV.
A nicely furnished twin bedroom.
A bright white tiled room which has a newly fitted contemporary bath with a shower over, a wash basin and toilet.
There is secure parking for 2 standard cars on our beautiful cobbled drive and a small barbecue area just below the kitchen.
A secure storage facility is available under the house for bikes, fishing equipment etc.
- Bed linen and towels provided
- Oil central heating and electricity inclusive
- Free Wi Fi
- Wood burning stove and first basket of logs provided free of charge
- No smoking inside cottage
- Limited mobile phone reception but there is a payphone box 50 metres away
- TVs with Freesat
- Charging station for electric cars
- Pets welcome upstairs inside
- Supermarket home deliveries from Asda and you can also preorder a hamper of award winning treats and picnic snacks from local Brecon Beacons producers.
- 4 miles from Trecastle is the large village of Sennybridge where you can find 2 garages, both of which are well stocked with provisions and a Post Office can also be found here.